Niagara Falls

(Northern Lights Gaming) Slot Review

Relax Gaming

✅ Recommended Casinos


$5000 + 300 fs
96% RTP Average

🌐 Your country is Restricted

18+| Terms Apply | Play Responsibly


€1000 / $1000 / 10 000kr
- free spins

🌐 Your country is Restricted

18+| Terms Apply | Play Responsibly


€500 / $500 / 5000kr
200 free spins

🌐 Your country is Restricted

18+| Terms Apply | Play Responsibly


€2000 / $3000 / 20 000kr
200 free spins

🌐 Your country is Restricted

18+| Terms Apply | Play Responsibly

Niagara Falls slot REVIEW

Niagara Falls ReviewNiagara Falls is inspired by the old brick and mortar fruit machines, but it comes packed with 3 different bonus features. The game was launched by Yggdrasil 9th of May 2019, but it was developed by the small, independent studio Northern Lights Gaming. This is thus the first game that has been produced by Yggdrasil’s partnership platform YGS Masters.

Anyway, Niagara Falls comes with 5 reels, 3 rows and 20 ways to win. You can place bets up to £400 here, which is quite high, and you can, of course, play across all devices. Despite the classic look, this game has 2 exciting bonus features, and also a dedicated free spins feature that can be triggered in 2 different ways. There is some innovation here, but the potential is unfortunately not all that.

The RTP on this game is 96.2%, which is nothing out of the ordinary. This leaves us with a House edge of 3.8%, and you should also be aware that this is medium volatile slot machine. You can expect some bigger payouts every now and then, but hardly anything massive. The max win is a measly 200x your stake, unless you benefit from the 5x multiplier.

What symbols are there?

Niagara Falls comes with all the classic fruit machine symbols, and the 2 highest paying symbols are the Wild and the Niagara Falls Logo. You need between 3 to 5 identical symbols on a payline in order to win:

Wild Symbol - Pays 10x for 5 on a payline

Niagara Falls Logo - Pays 10x for 5 on a payline

Red 7 - Pays 8x for 5 on a payline

Blue 7 - Pays 5x for 5 on a payline

BAR - Pays 3x for 5 on a payline

Bell - Pays 2.5x for 5 on a payline

Grapes - Pays 2x for 5 on a payline

Orange - Pays 1.5x for 5 on a payline

Cherry - Pays 1x for 5 on a payline

What are the bonus features?

It might look like an ordinary and simple fruit machine on the surface, but Niagara falls actually comes with 3 different bonus features. The Coin Drop feature is triggered when a gold coin appears on at least one reel during a base game spin. There are bonus slots beneath each reel, and if the golden coin falls into a bonus slot showing a bonus, you’ll benefit from one of the following features:

Wild – all the symbols on the reel where the coin dropped turns into wilds

Free Spins – gives you 5 free spins

Shake – you get 1 shake bonus added to the counter

Stacked Spin – a re-spin is awarded with stacked symbols

Multiplier Bonus – you will benefit from a multiplier boost of 2x to 5x

There is also a Cash Fall feature which activates at random times. Coins will rain down from above and fall into the cash slots to be added to the meter. You win the total amount of coins added up once the feature is finished.

Free spins in Niagara Falls

You can also trigger the free spins feature on Niagara Falls slot the regular way. This means you need to land the Whisky Barrel symbol on reel 1, 3 and 5 at the same time. You’ll then be given 5 free spins, and the bonus slots beneath the reels will only display an empty slot or a wild bonus. If a wild comes up it will transform the reel above into a fully stacked wild for the rest of the spins.

What is the jackpot (max win)?

You will not find any progressive jackpot on Niagara Falls, and you cannot really expect a huge potential from a medium variance game. Anyway, the max win happens in The Coin Drop feature when you hit the 5x multiplier, and this can give you up to 1000 times your stake. Play with the highest stake of £400, and you can pocket wins up to £400,000.

Where can I play Niagara Falls?

You can play Niagara Falls for real money at one of the listed casinos below: Where to play Niagara Falls.

Don’t want to play for real money? No problem, you can easily play the demo for free here at SlotCatalog: Play Niagara Falls for free.

Of course, you can also play Niagara Falls slot on both mobile and tablet. This game has been optimized for all platforms, and you can therefore play on your iPhone, iPad or Android unit. It’s all up to you what you prefer, and this game looks good on all handheld devices.

SlotCatalog verdict

Niagara Falls sticks out as a classic inspired slot that comes with plenty of features, and this will probably catch some newcomers off guard as it did with us. Visually, it looks like a physical slot machine, and Yggdrasil always pays great attention to detail. The 3 bonus features are both fun and innovative, but the potential is not really all that good, unfortunately.


Slot Score: